Wild Steelbloom is basically the lower level version of Mountain Silversage. It’s a herb that grows on rocky cliffs and it’s not that easy to gather consistently. One of the best places to farm it in WoW Classic is Arathi Highlands. The following route should grant you at least three stacks in one hour, along with some Goldthorn and Khadgar’s Whisker.
- Minimum 45 character level
- Minimum 115 Herbalism skill
- Journeyman riding skill (150)
- Epic ground mount
- GatherMate2 addon (optional)
Where to go:
Arathi Highlands is a contested territory and both factions have a main camp with a Flight Path. So, if you play Alliance, fly to Refuge Pointe (45, 45), and if you play Horde, fly to Hammerfall (74, 35).
What to do:
Gather all the herbs that you can find following the route above. If you’re interested only in Wild Steelbloom, the highest concentrations for it are on the northern and eastern zone walls. However, you’ll only find 1-2 nodes up at a time and they can take up to 10 minutes to respawn. So, in the meantime, you can gather other herbs, like Goldthorn and Khadgar’s Whisker.
Some of the most important areas that you shouldn’t leave unchecked are:
- The area above Northfold Manor, at around (35, 24)
- The area in front of the entry point to Hillsbrad, around (21, 34)
- The ogre camp at Boulder’gor (33, 43)
- The area west of Refuge Pointe, around (40, 42)
- The area around the ogre camp at Boulderfist Hall (53, 77)
- Witherbark Village (71, 66)
- The area northeast of Hammerfall, at around (79, 34)
After one hour of gathering herbs while following this route, I got:
- Wild Steelbloom x 69
- Goldthorn x 48
- Khadgar’s Whisker x 47
- Kingsblood x 14
- Fadeleaf x 15
There are also several possible spawn points for Liferoot in Arathi, near the lakes at Stromgarde Keep and Witherbark Village. Although I didn’t pick up any of them, it’s not a bad idea to get at least the ones at Whitebark Village. They may share a spawn with the Wild Steelbloom and Khadgar’s Whisker nodes in the area.
If you have an Alchemist with at least 165 skill, you can craft a few Lesser Invisibility Potions from your Wild Steelbloom and Fadeleaf, and sell those instead of the flowers. Those are fun to use in low level BGs and useful in various situations, and you may get better profits with those.
Leave a Reply