Similar to Skinning and Mining, Dragonflight Herbalism comes with three specialization trees. These are Bountiful Harvests, Botany, and Mastering the Elements. Needless to say, some of the sub-spec trees aren’t as useful as others. So, here’s a pretty efficient way to train your first Knowledge Points in Herbalism.
How To Train Your First 95 Knowledge Points In Herbalism:
- Botany: +40
- Mastering the Elements: +5
- Titan-Touched: +20
- Mastering the Elements: +10
- Frigid: +20
Training 40 points in Botany is pretty much a must. That’s because this gives you the ability to gather herbs while mounted in the Dragon Isles, which considerably improves your efficiency while collecting herbs. Differently put, with 40 points in Botany, you can fly in a camp of elite mobs, gather a herb and quickly fly away before they can even reach you. Needless to say, this saves you a lot of time and hassle.
Mastering the Elements is great because it unlocks the ability Overload Elemental Herb. You can use this ability on buffed herbs (like Titan-Touched, Frigid, Windswept, or Decayed) to gather additional Rousing elements. These are required for most crafts and they’re always in high-demand.
Now, the Overload Elemental Herb ability has a 12-hour cooldown, but this cooldown decreases by a small amount when you’re gathering herbs. The amount of Overload cooldown refunded by gathering herbs can also be increased by training at least 20 points, in Frigid, Windswept, Decayed, and Titan-Touched. I went with Frigid and Titan-Touched first, but you can go with either one.
The idea is to train at least +20 Knowledge Points in all the sub-specializations of Mastering the Elements so that you can use your Overload Elemental Herb more often. Of course, in order to unlock all these sub-specs, you’ll also have to train at least +35 points in Mastering the Elements.
Capping each one of the sub-specs of Mastering the Elements isn’t really necessary. With 40 points in each one of them, you’ll just get extra buffs when gathering buffed herbs.
So, rather than capping any of these, having your next 40 Herbalism Knowledge Points into Cultivation (a sub-spec of Botany), can be more lucrative. Cultivation considerably increases the chances of finding seeds when gathering herbs, as well as finding buffed seeds.
Bountiful Harvests is not a bad choice either after Mastering the Elements. This Herbalism Specialization tree basically increases the amounts of herbs gathered. But going with Mastering the Elements first, considerably helps with gathering a wider spectrum of materials that you’ll eventually need for your crafts.
How to get Herbalism Knowledge Points:
2. Infused Pollen – this is a side gather drop that can be acquired by gathering any herb in Dragon Isles. Unlike Dreambloom Petals, this doesn’t have a weekly cap, but it is considerably rarer. One pollen grants one point.
3. Weekly quest – available from Agrikus – Herbalism Trainer in Valdrakken (37, 67). This quest grants three Herbalism Knowledge Points.
4. Dragon Shard of Knowledge – quest item found in Disturbed Dirt, Expedition Scout’s Pack, or various other reward boxes. You can turn these shards in for Knowledge Points at Khadin in Ohn’Ahran Plains (51, 33). But in order to get Dragon Shards of Knowledge, you’ll have to complete the quest chain Catching Up! which starts with A Gift For Miguel and ends with A Worthy Hunt. One shard equals one point.
5. Dusty Herbalist’s Notes, Rare Herbalist’s Notes, Ancient Herbalist’s Notes – sold by Rabul in Valdrakken (35, 59) when you reach Preferred, Respected, Valued, reputation with the Artisan’s Consortium. These grant 15 points each and cost 100, 150, and 200 Artisan’s Mettle, so save your mettle.
6. Crafter’s Knowledge – available from Iskaara Tuskarr and Maruuk Centaur when reaching 14 and 24 renown with them.
Dragonflight Mining Guide – How To Train Your First Knowledge Points
Dragonflight Skinning Guide – How To Train Your First Knowledge Points
Dragonflight – The Waking Shores Herb Gathering Route
Dragonflight Alchemy Guide – How To Train Your First Knowledge Points