Almost each and every World of Warcraft raid final boss drops something cool to have, such as a mount, battle pet, transmog piece etc. However, clearing a whole raid instance is quite a tedious task for most players, and rather than doing that themselves, they would rather buy the lockout from someone, just to benefit from the great loot from the final boss.
Therefore, selling raid lockouts has become quite a profitable business. On top of all the loot that you get clearing the whole raid instance, you can sell the final encounter for a good price, which is basically cash in the bank.
So, in case you want to try out this gold making method, this is how it’s done.
What to do:
Evidently, the first thing to do, is pick out a raid, and clear every boss up to the final boss (or up to the boss that you know it drops something awesome). Make sure you don’t kill the final boss, because in this case, if you sell the raid lockout after the final boss, obviously you will become a scammer, and probably get reported.
Once the raid is clear up to the final boss, Heartstone to your main city and advertise in trade chat that you sell the lockout. Or use an ALT to advertise.
Once you get a buyer, here are the steps to follow:
1. Invite the buyer in your group, with the character you have cleared the instance, of course.
2. Set the group to raid difficulty.
3. ALT TAB, go to the battle.net site, and check the buyers recent activity, to make sure they aren’t already locked out for that particular boss. Just type in their name in the search bar, select the right player / server, and look at their Recent Activity. Take a screenshot if you want. Evidently, if they are already locked out, you should tell them that they are (some forget), and not take their money for nothing. Do not become a scammer!
This is also important, as there are unscrupulous players, who might kill the boss after you leave, get their loot (or not), and then message you, telling you that you have scammed them and sold them a complete lockout, threaten to report you, and ask for their money back.
The Recent Activity of a player will update every time they log out. So, tell them to log out for you to check if they are lying or not. If they lie, this will shut them up immediately. If they don’t lie, they either didn’t kill the boss yet, did something wrong, or they were locked out, case in which you should give them their money back.
4. Ask for payment before promoting them to raid leader.
5. Promote the buyer to leader (this doesn’t have to happen inside the instance, buyer doesn’t need to be inside the instance).
6. Buyer zones-in the raid instance. You need to be inside the instance as well, when he zones in.
7. Buyer changes to Heroic mode (in case they want HC loot), BEFORE accepting the lockout. This is actually important.
8. Buyer accepts lockout.
9. You leave group.
Always ask for a fair price. Depending on raid lockout and server, prices can go up to 5,000g. For raids that can easily be cleared solo, prices are lower, 1,000g tops, maybe more, depending on server.
In case you’ve thought of it, this method of making gold is NOT against the rules, and is NOT bannable. So, you can’t be banned for selling raid lockouts, unless you use cheats, bots, and maybe if you scam people.
It’s a good idea to sell the lockout of a raid instance, not at the last boss, but at boss just before the final boss. Some players may be paying for that more, as they could sell the lockout for the last boss too, in case they only need loot from the boss before the last one.
Leave a Reply