Dragonflight Jewelcrafting offers four different specializations, these being Jeweler’s Toolset Master, Faceting, Enterprising, and Setting. Depending on how you train your Knowledge Points (KP), you can specialize in cutting high-level gems, craft high-level jewelry, or become a toys and reagents crafter. But as a general idea, gems have always been the bread and butter of most jewelcrafters. Thus, you can’t go wrong starting as a gem cutter, since most jewelcrafters go with Setting – Jewelry – Necklaces, for the Elemental Lariat.
So, here’s a good way to train your first 90 Knowledge Points as a gem-cutter jewelcrafter.
How To Train Your First 90 Knowledge Points In Jewelcrafting
- Faceting: +10
- Frost: +40
- Jeweler’s Toolset Mastery: +10
- Brilliant Baubling: +30
The Reasoning Behind This Jewelcrafting Build
First of all, it’s best to start with Faceting – Frost, because the Frost line opens access to the Resplendent Illimited Diamond and other Versatility gems. Versatility is technically a PvP stat, and even raiders PvP when they’re not raiding. Also, many jewelers go with Fire or Air for the critical and haste gems. So, by choosing the Versatility gems, you’ll technically have more clients. But nonetheless, you can go with any other sub-specs than Frost, if you want quicker access to other types of gems.
Second of all, +30 points in Brilliant Baubling gives you a hefty Skill and Inspiration bonus, which considerably increases your chances to craft higher-quality gems.
Of course, the build is still incomplete. In order to get as close as possible to crafting T3 epic Frost gems, you’ll need 35 points in Faceting, and 30 points in Jeweler’s Toolset Mastery. This being said, your final Frost gem cutter build should look like in the photos above.
In order to craft maximum quality epic gems, it’s important to invest in T5 quality crafting gear. So, get your T5 Alexstraszite Loupes and Lapidary’s Khaz’gorite Clamps as soon as possible, for extra Inspiration.
Also, don’t forget to enchant your Lapidary’s Khaz’gorite Clamps with Enchant Tool – Draconic Inspiration for a +40 Inspiration bonus. Both the tools and the enchantment cost a lot, but they’re pretty vital for crafting high-quality gear.
Of course, once you’re proficient in crafting a type of gems, you can cap the rest of the Faceting sub-specs.
How to Earn Blacksmithing Knowledge Points:
1. First Crafts – when you craft any Jewelcrafting product for the first time, you earn 1 KP. The first craft rule pretty much applies to all other Dragonflight crafting professions.
2. Elegantly Engraved Embellishment (drops from Rebel Bruisers in Thaldraszus), Incandescent Curio (drops from stone and fire elementals in the Waking Shores), Ancient Gem Fragments, and Chipped Tyrstone. The last two can be found in Disturbed Dirt and Expedition Scout’s Packs. You can collect one of each per week.
3. Draconic Treatise on Jewelcrafting – these are made by Inscription crafters. You can use one per week to earn one Knowledge Point, so set a public crafting order for one each week.
4. Dragon Shard of Knowledge – quest item found in Disturbed Dirt, Expedition Scout’s Pack, or various other reward boxes. You can turn these shards in for Knowledge Points at Khadin in Ohn’Ahran Plains (51, 33). But in order to get Dragon Shards of Knowledge, you’ll have to complete the quest chain Catching Up! which starts with A Gift For Miguel and ends with A Worthy Hunt. One shard equals one point.
5. Dusty Jeweler’s Illustrations, Rare Jeweler’s Illustrations, Ancient Jeweler’s Illustrations – sold by Rabul in Valdrakken (35, 59) when you reach Preferred, Respected, and Valued reputation with the Artisan’s Consortium. These grant 10 points each.
6. Valdrakken weekly quests.
7. Crafter’s Knowledge – you can claim this when you reach Renown 14 and Renown 24 with the Dragonscale Expedition and Iskaara Tuskarr factions. Also, when reaching renown level 12 with the Loamm Niffen in the Zaralek Cavern.
8. Niffen Notebook of Jewelcrafting Knowledge – sold by Harlowe Marl (56, 55) at the Loamm in Zaralek Cavern.
9. One-time loot Knowledge Treasures found in specific locations in the Dragon Isles.
Dragonflight Leatherworking Guide – How To Train Your First Knowledge Points
Dragonflight Blacksmithing Guide – How To Train Your First Knowledge Points
Dragonflight Mining Guide – How To Train Your First Knowledge Points
Leave a Reply