Although Alchemy isn’t as profitable as other professions (at least not for now) in Dragonflight, you can still make a decent buck by crafting and selling phials. Therefore, the following guide aims to help you specialize as a phial crafter.
How To Train Your First 90 Alchemy Knowledge Points:
- Phial Mastery: +10
- Air-Formulated Phials: +30
- Alchemical Theory: +5
- Inspiring Ambience: +30
- Phial Mastery: +10
- Phial Lore: +5
First of all, not all players like the idea of toxic phials because these come with penalties. The toxic phials are under the Frost Phials section. Therefore, as a phial master, it’s best to go with Air-Formulated Phials first. Specialized on air phials, you’ll get higher chances to craft T3 Phial of the Eye of the Storm, Phial of Static Empowerment, and Phial of Charged Isolation, which still sell for a fairly decent price. That’s because they’re some of the main raiding phials.
Once you’ve capped Air-Formulated Phials, it’s best to go with 5 points in Alchemical Theory to unlock Inspiring Ambience, then cap the latter. The 30 Knowledge Points (KP) in Inspiring Ambience will grant you a hefty Inspiration bonus. Inspiration increases the chances to craft higher quality items (in this case, phials).
Next, you’ll need 10 more points in Phial Mastery to unlock Phial Lore. With 5 points in Phial Lore, you get +5 skill when crafting phials, and +5 more Inspiration.
Now, as it is, the air phial crafting build isn’t complete, but this puts you on the right path to crafting T3 air phials.
Next, you should cap Phial Mastery completely, to unlock the possibility to use Catalysts when crafting phials. Then, it’s best to cap Alchemical Theory for extra Inspiration, and then go with 20 points into Batch Production. This will grant you a nice Multicraft bonus (which is essentially extra chances to craft extra phials).
Most phials are learned through discoveries, so until you have them all, you’ll have to sink some gold into Phial Experimentation.
Invest in the blue crafting gear as soon as possible. The blue alchemy hat and the blue mixing rod grant a huge Inspiration bonus. Also, enchant your rod with Enchant Tool – Draconic Inspiration.
How to earn Alchemy Knowledge Points (KP):
1. Elementious Splinter (dropped by Encroaching Downpour 52, 56 – Waking Shores), Decaying Phlegm (dropped by Brakenhide Rotflinger 17, 39 – Azure Span), Experimental Substance, and Reawakened Catalyst. The last two can be found in Disturbed Dirt or Expedition Scout’s Packs. Each one can be collected once per week and grants 1 KP.
2. Draconic Treatise on Alchemy – made by Inscription crafters via crafting order; you can use one per week.
3. Valdrakken weekly quests.
4. Dragon Shard of Knowledge – quest item found in Disturbed Dirt, Expedition Scout’s Pack, or various other reward boxes. You can turn these shards in for Knowledge Points at Khadin in Ohn’Ahran Plains (51, 33). But in order to get Dragon Shards of Knowledge, you’ll have to complete the quest chain Catching Up! which starts with A Gift For Miguel and ends with A Worthy Hunt. One shard equals one point.
5. Dusty Alchemist’s Research, Rare Alchemist’s Research, Ancient Alchemist’s Research – sold by Rabul in Valdrakken (35, 59) when you reach Preferred, Respected, and Valued reputation with the Artisan’s Consortium. These grant 10 points each.
6. Crafter’s Knowledge – When reaching Renown Level 14 and Renown Level 24 with the Valdrakken Accord and Maruuk Centaur factions. Also, when you reach Renown Level 12 with the Loamm Niffen.
7. Niffen Notebook of Blacksmithing Knowledge – sold by Harlowe Marl (56, 55) at the Loamm in Zaralek Cavern.
8. One-time loot Knowledge Treasures, found throughout the Dragon Isles.
Dragonflight Blacksmithing Guide – How To Train Your First Knowledge Points
Dragonflight Herbalism Guide – How To Train Your First Knowledge Points
Dragonflight – Ohn’ahran Plains Bubble Poppy Gathering Route
Dragon Isles Enchanting Guide – How To Train Your First Knowledge Points
Leave a Reply